At Bishop Davies Nursing Center it is our goal to provide our residents and members of the DFW Community with superior care for elderly and others in need of Occupational Therapy services.
Occupational Therapy helps people with disabilities regain their independence through the use of therapeutic methods, applied and assistive technology, and environmental modifications.
The benefits of Occupational Therapy are numerous, and according to findings from recent studies:
- Occupational therapy shortens recovery time, improves function, and helps people become self-sufficient
- Occupational therapy assessment and intervention reduces the risk of a fall in elderly patients with a history of falling to 39%
- Occupational therapy significantly reduces disability in people who have strokes
- Seventy-five percent of nursing home resident who receive Occupational Therapy have positive outcomes
- Five or more occupational and physical therapy sessions per week can lead to better outcomes in patients with hip fracture
It has been shown that there are numerous diagnoses and impairments that can be improved upon through Occupational Therapy, including:
- Accidental Injuries
- Neurological disorders (Multiple Sclerosis, Guillain Barre)
- Sensory Disorders (chronic pain, sensory loss)
- Musculoskeletal disorders (arthritis)
- Orthopedic conditions (hip fracture)
To learn more about the Occupational Therapists who are on staff at Bishop Davies Nursing Center, or to schedule a tour of our facility, please contact us.